Your Favorite Party Scene in a Movie?

Have you spent the Holidays partying and celebrating Christmas and the New Year? Or have you spent the time snuggling into the couch between family or friends, eating sweets and watching great movies? Well, nonetheless, celebrating the dawn of 2012, I've listed - in my opinion - some of the best and most joyful party scenes in some of my favorite films below. Hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do!

1.      The noisy party in Holly’s small apartment in "Breakfast at Tiffany’s" (1961)





2.      The foamy party in ... "The Party" (1968)





3.      An unusual (or not?) graduation party in "It's a Wonderful Life" (1946)




4.      Where "The Thin Man" (1934) is - a party never goes wrong! Or at least not all wrong ...





5.     Once again a party that unintentionally ends up in the pool in "Down and Out in Beverly Hills" (1986)





6.      Christmas Eve with 'die ganze bucklige Verwandtschaft' in "Fanny and Alexander" (1982)





7.      Cake and confetti make the best kind of party in "Singin' in the Rain" (1952)





8.      Romeo's mind plays tricks on him at the Capulets' party in "Romeo + Juliet" (1996)





9.      Practically the entire film, "Father of the Bride" (1991), is about wedding preparations - and at the end, the wedding itself!

Sadly, I couldn't find any clips from the wedding party (hardly any stills either)


10.    A tea party out of the ordinary in Disney's "Alice in Wonderland" (1951)




11.      Satine’s feisty introduction in ”Moulin Rouge!” (2001)


Comments

  1. Nice list! I have a post like this half-finished in my archives, with Bfast and Tiffany's at the top, too. I'd add the big climactic party in Shampoo! Also, a great one in Dazed and Confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I was just revisiting 'Less Than Zero' the other day, and while the Christmas party at the beginning certainly doesn't compare to most of these greats, I couldn't help but kind of wish I was there...

    Just stumbled upon your blog and am sincerely digging it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment